Car Servicing at Sandy Lane
We will service your vehicle to mileage or age requirements as specified by the vehicle manufacturer. This service does not affect your warrantee and is exactly as your main dealer provides, using genuine parts and following a specified service plan.
Service 1 – Interim Service
- Check vehicle history. Customer comments/requests
- Walk around vehicle making not of any changes to bodywork, lamps etc
- Fit protective covers
Vehicle at ground level
- Check handbrake travel.
- Check seat belt condition and operation.
- Check operation of lights, horn, wipers and washers (inc rear screen).
- Check antifreeze concentration and top up fluid level (protection level – c)
- Visually inspect brake/clutch fluid, carry out brake fluid test and enter results. Top up fluid as necessary.
- Remove spare wheel from vehicle.
Vehicle at waist level
- Check all tyres for correct type, damage, evidence of misalignment and wear, and inspect wheel rims for damage.
- Measure tyre tread depths, adjust tyre pressures as required and enter results below
- Visually check front brake pads and brake discs for wear.
- Check steering.
- Check suspension.
- Check Gear box & Oil Level.
- Check final Drive.
Vehicle at Head Height
- Remove sump plug and drain engine oil (when hot). Remove Oil Filter.
- Check all visual brake pipes and hoses for corrosion, damage, leaks and security.
- Complete and prioritize report/comments sheet.
Report to Workshop Supervisor
- Refit sump plug and fit new oil filter.
Vehicle at ground level
- Refill engine with vehicle specified oil. Start engine and check for leaks.
- Drain water from fuel filter (Diesel only) and bleed fuel system as necessary.
- Check engine oil and top up if necessary.
- Check and top up the windscreen washers with additive mixture.
- Replace and secure spare wheel.
- Ensure that any customer requests/comments have been actioned
- Where applicable check and stamp customers service record book.
Service 2 – Full/Major Service
- Check vehicle history.
- Check timing belt replacement ………..miles………years
- Check for damage to bodywork, lamps and trims.
- Fit Protective covers.
- Check condition and operations of all seat belts.
- Check operation of interior and exterior lights.
- Check operations of ABS and air bag warning lights.
- Check air conditioning operation including bad odour.
- Check windscreen washers and wipers.
- Check Horn.
- Check operation of suspension dampers.
- Lubricate all door hinges, locks and bonnet catches.
- Check fuel cap.
Under the bonnet
- Check cooling system including fan operation.
- Check and record Anti-freeze protection …………
- Check and record brake fluid condition.
- Check all auxiliary drived belts (not timing belt).
- Check engine breather system.
- Check vacuum pipes.
- Check power steering operation and fluid condition.
- Check throttle body. Clean if required.
- Check battery level and lubricate terminals.
- Check and top up under bonnet fluid levels.
- Replace air filter*
- Replace spark plugs*
- Replace fuel filter.
- Replace pollen filter (Some vehicles may incur additional charge)
- Change oil, filter and fit new sump plug washer.
- Check fuel lines and brakes pipes.
- Check the condition and security of the exhaust.
- Check the top up axle and transfer box oil levels.
- Check and top up gear box oil level.
- Check all steering and suspension joints, mountings and gaiters.
- Carry out tyre report.
- Check all wheel bearings for excessive play and noise (adjust if required)
- Check CV gaiters and joint for wear or splits.
- Check clutch cable/cylinder
- Grease all greasing points.
- Check operation and condition of front brakes.
- Check operation and condition of rear brakes (including handbrake).
- Carry out brake report.
- Refill engine with specified grade oil.
- Torque wheel nuts/studs.
- Road test vehicle and report any findings.
- Re-check engine oil level.
- Carry out emission report.*
- Carry out engine management code read* (if required at additional charge)
- Reset service interval indicator.*
- Ensure all upholstery, gear lever, steering wheel, etc are clean.
- Carry out courtesy vehicle wash.
- Stamp service book.